Thursday, October 25, 2012

Welcome to My Life of Pie

OK, so I did it. I finally entered the world of blogging. I'm still not too sure why people would have any interest in what I  have to say, but I do know I have a lot to say, and rarely do I alter the how and when I say it, so a blog is a great forum for that.

Plus people that don't want to read me, don't have to. But we all know my "fr-enemies" and haters will be the first to line up for this train! HA HA!

Starting on this adventure, I had to create a concept. Too often bloggers pontificate on the most random, pointless, and often stupid topics. Or, they discuss important topics in stupid ways. I am hoping I can achieve both the level of flexibility in topic that keeps people reading, and the importance of topics that makes people think I am smart. A two-fer. Oh yeah.

So, this is a blog of social commentary. It will be self-deprecating. It will be raw. But most importantly, it will be funny. That's my pledge to all of my readers, as I sit in front of my flat screen, old school desk topic, typing with an old-fashioned keyboard, into Word. What you read will make you smile.

I had to come up with a name for this venture. I had to come up with a name that sort of sums up who I am, what I am about, and where I am headed. Somehow "Laura's Blog" just seemed kind of, I don't know, DUMB, so I tossed around a few names. Here are some of the rejects. And yes, they are plays on the names of some fine literary pieces of work. My arrogance is not such that I think this blog will reach Giller Prize proportions, I just felt like ripping off something else. Why reinvent the wheel?

1. (Not So) Little Women
2.  Eat, Pray, Eat More
3. A Tale of Two Sittings
4. The Red Badge of Chafing (um, not so good)
5. A Farewell to (Flabby) Arms
6. The Call of the Carb
7. 50 Carbs a Day
8. The Waist Land
9. For Whom the (Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch) Bell Tolls
10. Lord of the Onion Rings


I finally settled on "My Life of Pie." Not because I particularly like pie, bake pie, or eat a lot of pie, it just seemed to be a cool name. Yep, No epic story there. It's just a cool name.

So, please enjoy, "My Life of Pie."








4 comments:

Jenifer said...

Congrats and great first topic!!!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this: )

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Awesome Laura - this will be great, I have no doubt. You are gifted with the art of words and humour - a great combination!